Worster Law PLLC
Worster Law was founded in 2019 in Fairfax, Virginia.
We are a full service family law firm located in old town Fairfax City, walking distance from the Courthouse.
Worster Law offers consultation, drafting, negotiation, litigation and
Please contact us to see whether we can help you get what you want.
Robert M. Worster III
Fairfax Family Law Attorney
Whatever challenges you face, know that you are not alone and that you will get through this. How do I know? Because I have helped hundreds of people do just that.
My name is Rob Worster and I provide hope, peace, clarity and reason to those going through divorce, custody, support, abuse, addiction and related family law issues.
Having experienced divorce personally, I know that managing the emotional rollercoaster is not always easy. It is normal to have many questions and to sometimes not even know where to start. If that sounds familiar, you may be in the right place.
While I aim to obtain reasonable settlements, and often do, I enjoy trial work and my service in the United States Marine Corps prepared me to fight when necessary (and only when necessary).
I have appeared in all Courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia and served in the following roles: judicial law clerk, prosecutor, defense attorney, guardian ad litem, court appointed counsel, advocate and litigator.
I also provide mediation services to families that wish to resolve their disputes in a low pressure, cost-effective and amicable manner. This is almost always a preferred method of resolving disputes.
When not practicing law, I am a proud parent, musician, coach, woodworker and stained glass artist. My wife and I are proud veterans of the United States Marine Corps and call Fairfax County home.
If you would like to schedule a consultation, please call, email or complete the intake form.
Primary Service Areas
Divorce & Equitable Distribution
Worster Law can assist you whether you are facing a divorce based on “no fault” or “fault” grounds. Knowing which battles to fight is paramount and you can count on candid advice. Worster Law can also help you understand how Virginia classifies separate, marital and hybrid property and what “equitable distribution” looks like.
Child & Spousal Support
Worster Law can help explain when child and spousal support guidelines are applicable. More importantly, we can help you to determine whether the guidelines are sufficient and appropriate for your unique situation.
Child Custody & Visitation
There are few things more precious than time with your children. Worster Law has experience representing mothers, fathers, grandparents and other concerned family members and can help you protect your loved ones.
When things do not go how you wanted, you may still have options. Worster Law can help you determine whether to file an appeal, a motion for reconsideration or a motion to modify the Court’s Order.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
The vast majority of family law cases are not ultimately decided in a courtroom. Instead, they are usually worked out through mediation, arbitration, negotiation and other forms of settlement. Worster Law can help you explore all of your options and decide what is right for you.
Premarital & Prenuptial Agreements
There are many ways to plan for the worst while hoping for the best. Worster Law can help you protect your assets and lifestyle in the event of a breakup.
- United States v. Haynes, 151 Fed. Appx. 242; 2005 U.S. App. LEXIS 22022 (July 27, 2005).
- United States v. Atkins, 112 Fed. Appx. 273; 2004 U.S. App. LEXIS 22094 (August 20, 2004).
Domestic Relations Cases
- Stroud v. Stroud, 54 Va. App. 231; 677 S.E.2d 629 (June 16, 2009).
- Nelson v. Sanders, No. 0394-12-4, 2012 Va. App. LEXIS 237 (July 24, 2012), cert. denied.
- Nelson v. Sanders, No. 2386-11-4, 2012 Va. App. LEXIS 210 (June 26, 2012), cert. denied.
- Wright v. Wright, No. 1314-11-4, 2012 Va. App. LEXIS 120 (April 17, 2012)(cited in Va. Code §§8.01-428 and 20-109).
- Contributor, Fairfax Circuit Court Practice Manual (9th Ed. 2018).
- Robert M. Worster III, Leah Nathan, Ph.D., Buyer’s Remorse in Divorce, Virginia Family Law Quarterly (Summer 2018).
- Robert M. Worster III, The Three Flavors of Divorce, Self-Published (July 24, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, Are you Entitled to a Lawyer, Self-Published (July 1, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, Capturing Time, Self-Published (June 21, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, How to Select the Best Attorney for you, Self-Published (June 1, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, An Open Letter to a Few Great Clients, Self-Published (May 26, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, Attack My Client at Your Peril, Self-Published (May 12, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, What Do You Do When a Client Won’t Follow Instruction, Self-Published (May 4, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, Why Do Clients Lie to Their Attorneys?, Self-Published (April 4, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, Who Are You Post-Divorce, Self-Published (March 31, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, How Do You Protect Your Child During a Messy Divorce, Self-Published (March 4, 2016).
- Robert M. Worster III, Paula J. Gardner, Caring for Our Clients’ Other Needs, Family Lawyer Magazine (March 11, 2015) available at: http://familylawyermagazine.com/articles/
- Robert M. Worster III, If It’s Hardly Worth Doing, It’s Hardly Worth Doing Right: How the NLRA’s Goals Are Defeated Through Inadequate Remedies, 38 U. RICH. L. REV. 1073 (2004).
- AV Preeminent Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell (2013–present) (the top designation of competence and ethical standards).
- Fellow, Virginia Law Foundation (Class of 2020).
- Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center (2018).
- Recipient, Arlington Magazine: Top Attorneys in Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church and Alexandria (2019).
- Rule 6.1 Society (LSNV, Silver) (2018–present).
- Virginia & Washington D.C. Rising Star (Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine)(2013–2015).
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem for Children (2009–present).
- Chair, VSB Disciplinary Committee (§5, II)(2017–present).
- Ombudsman, Fairfax County Circuit Court Judicial Feedback Program (2014–present).
- Motions Conciliator (Third Party Neutral), Circuit Court and JDR District Court (2018–present).
- Judge, Costello National Criminal Law Trial Advocacy Competition (2008–present).
- Judge, Virginia Bar Association Model Judiciary Program (2017–present).
- Judge, GMU ASLS Moot Court Board Upper Class Competition (2018–present).
- Subcommittee Chair, VSB President’s Special Committee on Lawyer Wellness (2018).
- Faculty, VSB Carrico Professionalism Course (2015–present).
- Secretary, Fairfax Law Foundation Board of Directors (2018–present).
- Director, Fairfax Bar Association Board of Directors (2017–present).
- Pro Bono Attorney, N.VA. Pro Bono Law Center Neighborhood Outreach Program (2017–present).
- Volunteer, Legal Services of N.Va., Domestic Violence Attorney of the Day (2010–present).
- Attorney Mentor, Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center (2018–present).
- Member, Virginia State Bar (Active 2005–present).
- Member, Fairfax Bar Association (2006–present).
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2014–2019).
- Member, U.S. Department of State Hague Convention Attorney Network (2018–present).
- Member, Prince William County Bar Association (2016–2019).
- Member, Pennsylvania State Bar, No. 202126 (Inactive 2006–present).
- Founder, Domestic Violence Action Center Professional Clothing Drive (2014–present).
- Non-Partisan Elections Officer, Fairfax County (2015–present).
- Coach, Fairfax Police Youth Club / Fairfax Little League of Virginia (2014–present).
- Member and Sponsor, Reston Executive Leadership Breakfast (2014–present).
- Member, The Jazz Workshop (2017–2019).
- Cofounder, Stolen from the Horns (Jazz Ensemble)(2017–present).
- Volunteer, Arlington National Cemetery Wreath Laying (2008–present).
- Volunteer, Chipping in to End Domestic Violence Charity Golf Tournament (2011–present).
- Volunteer, Fairfax Community Church (2010–present).
- Volunteer, Fairfax Villa Elementary School Parent Teacher Association.
- Volunteer, Greyhound Rescue, Inc., Foster Home / Legal Services (2001–present).
- Sponsor, Jazz for Justice; Paralegal Valentine’s Day Project; Law Day; Paralegal Book Drive; Heroes vs. Villains Run For Justice 5K; FACETS Food Drive; Fairfax Villa Thanksgiving Meal.
- Presented at Washington & Lee University Law School in Lexington, Virginia (November 2019).
- Lawyer Wellness, Fairfax Bar Association Convention, Puerto Rico (October 2019).
- VSB President’s Special Committee on Lawyer Wellness, 81st Annual Meeting (June 14, 2019).
- Disciplinary Process / Preparing an Effective Lecture, VSB Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course Faculty (2016–2019).
- Professionalism, Liberty University Law School in Lynchburg, Virginia (October 25, 2018).
- Hot Topics in Family Law CLE, Columbia, Maryland (February 15, 2018).
- Family Law University. Columbia, Maryland (May 5, 2018); (May 6, 2017).
- FBA’s Addiction CLE, Fairfax, Virginia (November 8, 2017).
- FBA’s Evidence CLE, Fairfax, Virginia (Moderator) (June 13, 2017).
- Family Law Practice for Paralegals, Halfmoon Education Inc. (Full Day April 5, 2017).
- Family Law, Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University (March 2019; Spring 2016).
- Family Law Procedure and Considerations, Second Saturday (September 10, 2016).
- FBA’s Legal Writing CLE, Fairfax, Virginia (May 17, 2016).
- The Rule of Law, Langston Hughes Middle School (February 8, 2016).
Worster Law PLLC
3900 University Dr., Ste 210
Fairfax, VA 22030
Please complete the intake form below and know that your information will be kept strictly confidential.